We just added some minor but useful enhancements to the Sales modules on the Web and on the Mobile
- When editing an opportunity, the probability field is now a combo box instead of edit box, making it easier to quickly to type in.
- When adding products to a quote, the description field of the product is now copied over to the quote. You can edit it afterwards. It also appears in the PDF Quote export file.
- In Chrome & Safari $ amounts are now correctly formatted and have thousands separator.
- You can see Past Sales amounts, by month & by owner : in the Sales Forecast, Past Sales button
We just released a minor update of the Upvise Pro for Android v4.1.4:
- Spanish translation support in key apps : Contacts, Tasks, Notes (more to come)
- Better incoming phone call detection log
- Minor bug fixes
You can download the update directly from the Android Market on your phone/tablet.
Few months ago we added custom fields in the Contacts app. In this post, we will show how to use these custom fields to implement a feature requested by one our our Upvise users: To mark a contact within a company as “primary”, “retired” or “no longer there”.
It helps organize companies with several contacts and helps identify who the primary contact is and who was there and has left, without deleting them.
- On your computer go to your Upvise account at: https://www.upvise.com/uws
- Go to the Contacts app and click on the More button in the toolbar, then click Custom Fields
- Create a new Custom Field for Contacts
- in ID field : enter type (make sure there is no white space, comma or semi-column)
- in Label field, enter Type
- in the Type combo field, choose: Select
- in the Options field, enter: Primary|Retired|No Longer Here
- Click Save.
That’s it, now you can edit any contact on the Web or on your mobile and fill in the correct value for this new custom field
You can now manage Sales Commissions with Upvise Sales application. You can this way track the commissions for each sales person and generate monthly reports.
To set a Sales Commission percentage:
- you need to be a Manager or Administrator.
- On the Web Interface, in the Sales Module, edit the opportunity and enter a commission percentage
- When the opportunity is won, change its status to Closed.
To view Sales Commission reports:
- On the Web Interface, in the Sales modules, click on the Sales Commission left pane item
- if you are a standard user, you can see your sales commission aggregate amount for the last 6 months, (based on the closed opportunities assigned to you)
- if you are an Administrator or Manager, you can also in the same screen view the total commission and the commission by user
- You can also click on a monthly commission amount to see the linked opportunities related to the amount
Up to now, you could only assign a contact to a company by editing the contact and setting the Company field.
You can now add contacts directly to a Company.
On your mobile, goto the Edit screen of the Company and under the Linked Items section, select Contacts. You can either add an already existing contact or create a new contact.
In your web account, click on the New button from the View Company screen, and select New contact. You can either add an existing contact from the drop-down list or create a new contact.
When you define a Custom field that has the type “phonenumber”, you can now call the number directly when selecting it from the view screen of the data item.
In the same way when you define an “email” type of custom field, you can email the contact directly from the view screen.
N.B.: Requires Upvise version 4.1.4 for Android
Custom Fields can be defined in the Contacts, Projects, Sales app, etc..: click on the More button in the tool bar of the web app and select the Custom Fields menu.
We have improved the layout of the Quote or Invoice PDF export in the Sales application, in order to gain space. In particular, when the client Company address information was empty, the PDF generator added a number of unnecessary blank lines to the document.