In your business account, you can now configure each application to either share data amongst all users of the business account, or else restrict access to only the owner of the data. For example in Workspaces, if the setting is Private, a user can only see Posts that he has created. In Business Contacts, or Tasks, or Projects, a user can only see contacts or tasks or projects that have the owner field set to this user.
By default, data is shared for all applications. You can change these settings from the Manage Apps section of your web account. Click on the Sharing tab, and choose for each app whether the data is Shared or Private.
Note that users who are administrators can always see everyone’s data, even when the setting is Private. In the web account, Private data is marked by a red label at the top right of the toolbar, when viewing or editing an item.
In the Business Contacts application in your web account, you can now upload files of any type as attachments to a contact. Goto the Edit Contact page and upload a file from the Attachment section at the bottom of the page.
In Projects and Tasks, you can upload files of any type as attachments to a project or a task, from the Edit Project or Task page.
We have enhanced the Tasks app for all Upvise Business accounts with reminders and notifications.
Reminder of due date
The owner of a task receives a reminder by email on the due date for the task. The reminder is sent at 00:00 on the due date. Remember to set your timezone in the Settings of your web account.
Owner assignment notification
When you assign a task to someone in your company, this person automatically receives a notification by email.
These two functionalities have been activated by default for all users, so you should now be receiving emails for your task reminders and assignments. Administrators can change the default settings in the Manage Apps section of your web account under the Notifications tab. Note that the setting applies to all users of the company account, and not for an individual user.
We currently support only notifications by email, and not by SMS. To use Upvise you need a data connection and therefore your phone can support reading emails. On the latest smartphones whether iPhone, Google Android or Blackberry, you are also alerted by a beep or vibration when you receive an email, which means that receving an SMS is really the same user experience as receiving an email. Thus SMS notifications are not absolutely necessary.
You can now access the Swedish version of Wikipedia in Upvise. To get the latest version of the Wikipedia app, make sure to do a refresh on the Home screen of Upvise to update the library of applications.
Upvise is the proud winner of the Sony Ericsson Content Awards 2008 in the Being Productive category. Winners were announced at a very special online awards ceremony.
Here is a video from the Jury.
Listen to what Roger Entner – Senior Vice President, Communications Sector, Nielsen IAG, member of the jury, is saying about Upvise.
We just added some new tweaks to the Tasks application for multi users.
On the AJAX Web interface,
- There is a new option in the group by feature on a task list : By owner. It enables to display alls tasks, grouped by owner. Unassigned Tasks will appear in the Unassigned group on the top of the page.
- We also added a Completed Tasks item on the left pane, just under My Tasks and All Tasks.
- In the Edit Task form you can now set the owner of the Task to Unassigned.
We enhanced the Mobile Tasks application as well:
- In the More views screen, there is a new option “By Date”, to display all open tasks by date. Previously only My Tasks could be filtered by date.
- When filtering all tasks by users, there is now a “Unassigned” item, at the end of the users list. It show all unassigned tasks.
- There is also a new one click Mark Completed button at the bottom of the View Task screen. It sets the task to the Completed status and updates its due date to today. Previously, to mark a task as completed, you had to do at least five clicks: edit the task, go to the status item, press it and select Completed.
The updated version of Tasks should be installed automatically on your phone, when you open the Tasks application from Upvise.