We just released a new version of Upvise for Android, version 4.4, available from Google Play:
- new Side View for fast application switching, replacing the previous home screen, similar to the one found in Google+ or Facebook.
- Support of Bar-code scanning in Forms app.
- Enhanced icons and font size for very High Density screen (Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus, HTC One) and for Tablets running ICS.
More on Barcode scanning support:
- Go to your Web Account, in the Forms app.
- Add a new Field of type “Barcode” in an existing Form Template or create a new template.
- On your Android phone, create a new form based on the template
- When you tap on the barcode field, it will launch the ZXing Barcode scanning app. If not present on your phone, it prompts you to install it from Google Play.
- The Barcode scan works only on Android so far, we are working on a iPhone version for the end of the year.
We just released a new version of Upvise Pro for Android v4.3.3 on Google Play.
- when displaying tasks, the tasklist name is displayed below the task name with a light blue tag
- When a task is marked complete, the next task in the list is automatically displayed, saving you one click to go to next task
- Displays the time of the task or callback if set in the agenda list.
- Redesigned View Callback screen now displays a “Call Now” section with contact phone number and email for one click callback
- new option to enter a time in the New Phone Callback screen
- new Search By Address feature in More Views menu, with auto populated choices for City, State or Country.
- redesigned View & Edit Expenses screen
- you can now link an expense to a Project and also view expenses in the Project App.
- The selected Tab in view Company or View Contact screen is now highlighted with a top blue border.
We just added a great new feature for the Contacts app on Android: Nearby Contacts
When you tap on Nearby from the Contacts app, the list of nearest contacts & companies appears, based on your current GPS location.
In order to use this feature, you need to fill in the position (latitude and longitude) of your contacts.
You can do this in 2 ways:
1) Go to your Upvise web account in the Contacts app, edit a contact and fill in the position field under the address section (format is “latitude,longitude”)
2) On your phone, edit a contact on your mobile, tap Address item, then tap on the Position field at the bottom of the list: you have 2 options: Get Position from Address, (it will compute the position from the address field) or Use Current GPS Position (use this if you are physically at your contact place).
Of course if you have thousands of contacts or companies, this is a tedious process. We are investigating a batch method to automatically convert all your contact addresses into position, but there is no free web service to do that for a lot of contacts.
Feel free to send a support ticket at Upvise, if you are interested into a bulk conversion of all your records addresses.
The brand new Upvise client for Android v4.2.6 is available for download on the App Store.
- iOs 6.0 support & iPhone 5 support
- 50+ improvements in all Upvise applications
- Faster & more scalable
- New cleaner icons & UI
- New Wifi Sync Settings