Few months ago we added custom fields in the Contacts app. In this post, we will show how to use these custom fields to implement a feature requested by one our our Upvise users: To mark a contact within a company as “primary”, “retired” or “no longer there”.
It helps organize companies with several contacts and helps identify who the primary contact is and who was there and has left, without deleting them.
- On your computer go to your Upvise account at: https://www.upvise.com/uws
- Go to the Contacts app and click on the More button in the toolbar, then click Custom Fields
- Create a new Custom Field for Contacts
- in ID field : enter type (make sure there is no white space, comma or semi-column)
- in Label field, enter Type
- in the Type combo field, choose: Select
- in the Options field, enter: Primary|Retired|No Longer Here
- Click Save.
That’s it, now you can edit any contact on the Web or on your mobile and fill in the correct value for this new custom field