Upvise enables you to define Custom fields for certain types of data items: Contacts, Companies, Products, Opportunities, Quotes, etc…
You can also import custom fields from a CSV file. Currently only the import of contact and company custom fields is supported.
How to import custom fields for Contacts and Companies?
- Create the Custom Field in your Upvise web account, from the More button / Custom Fields menu of the Contacts app. A custom field has an ID, a label and a Type
- In your CSV file, the column containing the values of the custom field you wish to import must have the header name: custom:MyId
Example: If you have defined a custom field with the ID color, the CSV header name must be: custom:color
Note that a custom field of type “date” must have the string “date” in its ID for the import to work.
We added a new feature in the Projects app both on the web and on the mobile: you can now group projects by Percentage Complete.
On the Web:
- go to your Upvise Web Account, and click on Projects app
- click on Group By toolbar button > Percent Complete
On the mobile
- start Upvise, and go to the Projects app
- tap on More Views menu item, Percent Complete item
We just added the option to select which Upvise apps are accessible for any user in a given account. This enables finer access right controls and give a user only access to the relevant rights for him.
To enable user app rights:
- Sign in as an Administrator on your Upivse Web Account at https://www.upvise.com/uws
- Click on Settings on the top right of the screen, then Manage Users
- Click on one user
- Under the User Apps section, check / uncheck the apps you want to allow for this user.
- Click Save Changes
We just updated the Custom Field for the Upvise web and mobile apps. You can now add the following types:
- link : lets you enter a web link you can follow by starting a web browser
- email : lets you enter an email, you can click on and compose a new mail
- phone number : lets you enter a phone number you can click/tap and it will dial it
- contact, company : lets you pick an existing Upvise Contact or Company you can click on and it will display the record
To define a new custom field,go to your Upvise Web account
- Click on any of the following apps: Contacts, Sales or Projects.
- Click on More toolbar button
- Click on Edit Custom Field popup item
- Click on New button to create a new custom field and select its type
Once you defined a set of custom fields for a record:
- simply edit any record
- fill in the custom field values under the Custom Fields section
- click on Saves Changes
On your phone, you need to install the latest Upvise Pro CRM client app version 4.1.9 for Android from Google Play
We just added a new view on the Upvise Sales Web interface: view Top Customers.
- In the Sales web app, on the left pane, under the Sales section click on By Customer
- It display the list of all customers (contacts and companies) linked to an opportunity (open or closed). It also display the Total Past Sales (computed on Closed Opportunities) and the Total Sales Forecast (based on open opportunities).
- Use the Sort By toolbar button to switch between Past Sales and Sales Forecast
- Of source you can click on the Contact or Companies to view all Opportunities for this record
We just implemented the notion of Task Template and Task Group Template. In the Tasks web app, go to the More : Options menu.
- You can create a simple Task Template but also a Task Group, containing a list of task templates.
- Use the rank field to define in how many days the task is due.
Then you can use the New Task button on mobile and on the web when you are in Contacts, Companies or Deals and instantiate either single predefined tasks or the task groups, which creates the list of tasks linked to the current record.
This is useful for tasks or groups of tasks that are often repated.
Example: Organizing an Event – group of Tasks Template:
- Task: Book Event Venue
- Task: Invite Participants
- Task: Find Caterer
We have added the possibility to select a Project template when creating a new project from a Sales Opportunity in the Sales web app. Previously the project was created by default as a blank project. By applying a project template, you can automatically create a predefined set of tasks and milestones.