We just released Upvise for Google Android G1 T-Mobile smartphone! And it is the latest version 2.0 beta.
To install it on your G1 phone:
- On your G1 phone, click on the Market icon
- Search for Upvise and click on the Download button
- This will install Upvise. You can then start Upvise by clicking on the Upvise icon
Your feedback and comments are welcome. Let us know what you think about this first version and hwo to improve it.
We just relased an enhanced version of the Business Contacts Web application:
- You can now organize contacts into Groups. Each group is displayed as an item in the left pane. This was a top request from our beta users.
- Redesigned Contacts and Company Detail page. It gives you all the contact info and also the related Tasks and Opportunities on one page, instead of having multiple tabs.
- New My Tasks & All Tasks items on the left pane lets you quickly view the tasks assigned to you, grouped by date (Overdue, Today, Tomorrow, This week,….).
- New Opportunites list page, now grouped by status.
The same features are also available in the mobile version.
The new version should be available automatically both on the Web and on your mobile when you logon into your Upvise account.
In addition to the new User Interface features of version 1.9, available which are available cross-platform, we have few new features specially for Windows Mobile users in the latest Upvise Mobile Client v1.9:
- First, there is now a support for Cut / Copy / Paste / Select All in the edit box page menu.
- We also enhanced the edit box and now display the same nice caption top bar, instead of the bad looking standard Windows Mobile caption bar. Just like in the other list pages. It give a much more consistant interface.
- Finally we improved the animation displayed when going to the next page. It is much more smooth and efficient. Of course, if you do not like it, you can always disable in in the Settings.
We have introduced the Backup and Restore functionality for all Upvise business accounts.
A full backup of all the data in the account can be performed by the administrator of a business account. Administrators can also configure automatic daily or weekly backups at a specified time, with an option to be notified by email when a backup is performed. The last five most recent backups are stored in your account, and you can download them at any time for archiving purposes.
A backup file is a zipped SQLite database which contains all the data tables used by the Upvise applications of the account. The file can be opened with e.g. the graphical SQLite Administrator tool.
Backup files can be password-protected (ZIP file password).
To restore a backup, you can either upload a backup file previously downloaded from your account or restore one of the backups stored in your account. The restore operation is a full replacement of the data, i.e. all existing data, data structures and application information are overwritten.
After you perform a Restore operation, user accounts in Upvise mobile clients are automatically reset at their next network connection, i.e. the local cache is cleared and the navigation returns to the main application list, in order to ensure a smooth loading of the restored data (Functionality available in version to be released shortly).
We just released few days ago a redesigned Upvise AJAX Web Interface. Just login to to your Upvise web account or signup for a free account.
The major change is the introduction of a new left pane, which replaces the previous blue top bar. It gives a more optimized interface, as most new computer screen are now wide format. It also allows to display more items in the main page list.
Also the Workspaces, Notebooks, Contacts, Projects applications have been enhanced to display groups, or notebooks in this new left pane, and it saves one to two clicks to access your data.
The left pane items also now display the number of items they have, like the number of items in a Contact group or the number of posts in a given workspace.
Save and Cancel buttons are now displayed both on the top and the bottom of the screen in an edit page. In the previous version, it was only present at the bottom of the screen, which required to scroll down the entire page in case there was a long form, such as in the Projects and business contacts app.
An Enhanced dashboard, with bigger and nicer icons. Also the admin functions, such as user managementm settings and application management are located in a new left pane
Application management. There is a new link directly from the Dashbaord. You can now add / remove applications directly from your web accout in one page. In particular, when you have a business account you can add the personal applications if you wish, such as RSS News and Wikipedia.