You can now upload a PDF floor plan on the web, zoom, scroll it and add notes, photos and forms using custom markers on your phone or tablet. On Web and on mobile, the plan viewer has been optimized for smooth and ultra fast performance.
Step 1. Upload a PDF plan
- In the Project web app, open a project, then click the + icon in the toolbar > Upload PDF Floor Plan.
- Select a PDF file on your computer and click OK. (Download sample PDF test files at the end of this blog post)
- This will add the plan in the Files section of the project on the web.
- Click on the plan to display it with the plan viewer
- Use your mouse and mouse wheel to zoom or scroll the plan.
- Double click to zoom in to the max level – a second double click will zoom out
Step 2. Add and position markers on Android phone or tablet
- Start the Projects app on Upvise app and open the project.
- Tap on the Plan item and open one plan
- Pinch with 2 fingers to zoom out and in. Double tap to zoom in or zoom out.
- To add a marker on the plan, tap on the + floating button and select Note, Photo or Form.
- Move the marker on the plan to the desired position then tap the Done blue button.
- Long press the marker to re-position it
- Turn your phone to landscape to see the plan in full screen mode for optimal viewing experience
Step 3: Visualise the markers on the Web
- On your browser, display the floor plan
- Tap the r key on your keyboard or More > Refresh menu item
- You should see all the markers you added on your phone
- Click on any marker to see the associated note, photo or form
N.B.: Floor Plans can also be uploaded for a Job, or directly in the Files web app.
Sample PDF Files for testing:
- If the original PDF contains multiple pages, one plan record will be created for each page.
- You can upload multiple PDF files at the same time. In the Upload File dialog box on the web, keep the Ctrl key down and select multiple files or use Ctrl-A to select all files in a folder.
- The PDF Import plan automatically detects the page orientation and ensures the plans are in landscape mode.
- You can also manually rotate each plan using the Rotate button in the View Plan screen on the Web.
- The notes, photos and forms are linked automatically to the same project as the PDF Plan linked to the project.
- On the phone plan viewer, you can click on the List icon in the blue toolbar to display the list of notes, photos and forms instead of the plan view.