We have just added some nice refinements and improved productivity in the Sales app for Deals : overdue and inactive deals.
Overdue Deals (red)
When a deal becomes overdue, it is flagged with a red stripe in the deal list view. On the web we also display the number of overdue deals in the dashboard.
Making sure that you do not have overdue deals is important because it enables you to have an up to date monthly pipeline.
- On web, right-click the deal in the list view and snooze it one week or one month
- On the mobile, tap the deal, tap the due date and snooze it.
Inactive deals (yellow)
When a deal has had no new attached note for more than a determined number of days, it is flagged as inactive with a yellow stripe. This basically encourages your sale team to update the deal log by adding notes regularly.
On the web, the number of inactive deals is displayed in the dashboard.
How to configure deal inactivity period
- In the web interface, go to the Sales app
- Click on the More > options menu item.
- In the Deals tab, set the number inactivity days you want for your deals. 7 or 14 days is a reasonable value.
How to remove the inactive flag for a deal?
- on the web, right-click the deal and click Add Note to enter a new note.
- on the mobile, tap the deal, tap New button then tap Note and enter a new note.