We just added some new User Management Rights features:
- Administrator & Managers can now set Read-Only access rights to a folder for any Standard User in the Notebooks & Files app
- Standard Users will see all records in the folder but will not be able to edit or delete the record.
- It applies both for the Android / Windows Phone and Web based interface. iPhone version will come next week.
To manage Read Only Access right for Standard Users :
- Go to the Notes or Files web application
- Click on More Button > Edit folders,
- Add the Users you want to the Viewers field and click Save
Sharing of Contacts/ Companies & Ideas :
By default, Contacts, Companies & Ideas are only visible to the owner(s) or the record. You can override this behavior and allow to share data items with read0nly rights to Standard Users:
- Go to the Contacts or Ideas web application
- Click on More popup button > Options
- Check : Data shared by all users then Save
Here is a short recap on User Rights management in Upvise.
- have access to the applications and data items assigned to them by Administrators
- have rights to create new records
- have rights to edit / delete the records they own
- have read only view of records they don’t own but it shared to them by Managers
- Full access right to all records (View, New, Edit, Delete)
- Can Import / Export records as CSV
- Have all Manager rights plus:
- Create new User, change User Types
- Define which application users can use
- Access to Activity Log, Backup / Restore / Notifications / Purchase Licenses from the Settings menu