You can now add custom fields to Contacts & Companies records.
1) Go to your Web Account at http://www.upvise.com/uws
2) Click on Settings image button (top right of the screen), Custom Fields item
4) Define the custom fields you want for Contacts and Companies: choose a name (internal id), label, and type.
5) That’s it. You can now go a Contact/Company detail page on the Web or on your mobile phone and view/edit your custom fields
To view / edit the custom fields, you need the latest version of the Upvise client for your phone, v3.6. It is currently available for:
- Android: go to Android Market on your phone and search for Upvise
- Blackberry & Symbian/Java : go to http://m.upvise.com on your mobile phone browser
- iPhone & Windows Phone 7 are coming later this week.
When defining custom fields, you can choose the following type: text, textarea, email, decimal, numeric, phone number, date or select.
select type allows you to select one of a predefined set of values, displayed in a popup box. The list of values has to be defined in the options edit box as a pipe separated list of string. (example yes|no|maybe).